Ask your children to draw one vegetable and one fruit or berry on a piece of paper.
1. After that ask to say out loud the vegetables and fruits that they know, and explain what they have drawn and why they have chosen these specifically.
2. Then together establish that fruit and vegetables are used in the daily diet not only because they are tasty, but also because they are healthy and very important foods for people.
3. Make it more fun. Ask the riddles.
Small and red, with a hard heart. Answer: Cherry
Little red fruit with seeds on the outside. Answer: Strawberry
Big and white with lots of little heads and a green coat. Answer: Cauliflower
Grows underground and has eyes. Answer: Potato
Makes you cry when you cut it. Answer: Onion
Red or green, round, sometimes sweet, sometimes sour. Answer: Apple
My colour is the same as my name. Answer: Orange
Yellow and tough on the outside, but soft on the inside. Answer: Banana
4. Subsequently, make together a healthy pyramid of fruits and vegetables with GIGI BLOKS. Start with vegetables that grow beneath the ground (e.g. carrots, beetroots, potatoes).
Then add the next level of the pyramid to be formed using the vegetables and fruits/berries that grow above the ground (e.g. strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, pumpkins etc.).
The next pyramid level comprises those fruits and berries that grow in bushes (e.g. blackcurrants, raspberries, gooseberries), and then finally, in trees (e.g. cherries, plums, apples, pears).
5. Finally, you can finish with making together something from veggies. Smell them, look at the colors, how they look in cross-section, and finally how they taste.
My kid loves to play a game of guessing what she is eating. Slice small pieces of everything and try to play this game too.
Now you can suggest building a veggie or a fruit. Whatever your child wants. However, he/she sees it.
Leave in comments your idea, what kind of lesson plan you would be interested in.
Age 5 - 6. Obviously, you can change it in different ways to make it more suitable for your child.
Aim of acitivity: to develop an understanding of objects in nature, phenomena and processes.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The only difference is in size.
XL is 60% from XXL block size.
XXL are 7.87x3.94x3.94in (20x10x10cm).
XL are 5.11x2.56x2.56in (13x6.5x6.5cm).